Medium: Signed Ltd. Edition
Dimensions: 36" x 46"
Edition Size: 195
Presented framed, a limited edition giclée print on paper by popular artist Stuart McAlpine Miller entitled "Charlie Chaplin: Silent Path To Success"
If there's one hotel that sums up the timeless glamour of London, it's The Savoy. Stuart's new body of work offers a unique insight into the hotel's celebrity patrons. He says: "It's almost like a visual arts version of a time capsule, preserving moments to be enjoyed long after we're gone."
This piece captures the comic actor and filmmaker Charlie Chaplin using a photograph taken of him at the top of the hotel. While it was rumoured he was making a Nazi salute, he was actually indicating something to his wife.
Stuart says: “There’s a curious story associated with this photograph, and I’m not sure whether it’s true or not!”
Click each title below to see other pieces in the set or HERE to see the full set of 8
- Alfred Hitchcock: The Mysterious Thinker
- Marlene Dietrich: Into My World
- Frank Sinatra: Man About Town
- Maria Callas: A Moment of Respite
- Ava Gardner: A Desirable Proposition
- Marilyn Monroe: Bright Young Thing
- Katharine Hepburn: Taking Centre Stage
Image size 19.5" x 28".